We seek to provide an active Christian influence in the dental profession by:
Uniting and equipping Christians working in the dental profession to live out their Christian faith in life and at work
Encouraging and supporting dental students and dental care professionals in their training and those who have recently qualified
Offering practical and spiritual support to our Mission Partners throughout the world, helping to meet specific needs
In particular, our pastoral team are happy to receive emails from anyone working in the dental profession who wishes to talk about the challenges they are facing. We are not a counselling service, however, we are happy to listen, encourage, signpost where appropriate, and pray when requested.
Prayer for our profession
On the first Saturday of each month at 10am we hold a prayer meeting over the Internet using Zoom. Please use the contact us for more details.
Here at the Christian Dental Fellowship, we seek to help and support any colleagues in the dental profession who wish to talk about the issues and challenges they are facing in their personal and professional lives, where we can, with friendship and sign-posting to professional services and groups.
We are not a counselling or professional listening service, however, we are happy to hear from you, encourage you, signpost where appropriate and pray when requested with you or for you.
We also have a Prayer Team which is very happy to pray for specific prayer needs, any prayer requests can be passed onto the prayer team.
If you would like to get in contact with the Pastoral Care or Prayer Team at the Christian Dental Fellowship, please contact us here.
External support links
- Dental Health Support Trust – provides dental professionals with free support and advice on metal health, alcohol and drug issues
- Confidental – provides emotional first aid for dentists in distress. Allows you to offload and talk through your issues in complete confidence, then offering signposting to further useful organisations if appropriate.
- NHS Practitioner Health – a free and confidential service for doctors and dentists across England with mental illness and addition problems who are working or looking to return to clinical practice.
- HEE Midlands and East Mental Health and Wellbeing – Mental health and wellbeing courses commissioned by the HEE Midlands and East Dental School.
- Mind Matters – NHS website on mental health
- Mind and Soul Foundation – “Our faith and emotions are often kept separate. Mental health is rarely discussed in churches and Christian spirituality is seen as having little to offer the world of psychology. We want to bridge that gap.”
- Renew Wellbeing – Renew Wellbeing helps churches open spaces of welcome and inclusion in partnership with mental health teams to improve mental and emotional wellbeing
- Church of England – supporting good mental health
- Christian Medical Fellowship
- International Christian Medical and Dental Association
Clinical support for COVID-19
- NHS England
- NHS Scotland
- NHS Wales
- NHS N Ireland
- RCS England
- RCS Edinburgh
- RCPS Glasgow
- Faculty of General Dental Practitioners
- British Association Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- British Association of Oral Surgeons
- British Endodontic Society
- British Orthodontic Society
- British Association of Dental Nurses