Here at the Christian Dental Fellowship, we seek to help and support any colleagues in the dental profession who wish to talk about the issues and challenges they are facing in their personal and professional lives, where we can, with friendship and sign-posting to professional services and groups.
We are not a counselling or professional listening service, however, we are happy to hear from you, encourage you, signpost where appropriate and pray when requested with you or for you.
We also have a Prayer Team which is very happy to pray for specific prayer needs. We are happy to pray with you if you so wish; we can do that on the phone or pass your prayer needs down our prayer team, all with your consent. We believe in the power of prayer through the name of Jesus Christ.
If you would like to get in contact with the Pastoral Care or Prayer Team at the Christian Dental Fellowship, please contact us here.
At conference there are always opportunities to reconnect with God and with friends. Along with a meditation room, where delegates can connect with Our Lord in a quiet space, you can listen to the Bible speakers for encouragement and discipling, and the lounge is a great place to chat over a cuppa with friends and share fellowship.
Outside of conference there are regional groups which meet in the spring, once again with good opportunities to get alongside a friendly face and dental colleagues.
Prayer for our profession
On the first Saturday of each month at 10am we hold a prayer meeting over the Internet using Zoom. Please use the contact us for more details.
External support links
- Dental Health Support Trust – provides dental professionals with free support and advice on metal health, alcohol and drug issues
- Confidental – provides emotional first aid for dentists in distress. Allows you to offload and talk through your issues in complete confidence, then offering signposting to further useful organisations if appropriate.
- NHS Practitioner Health – a free and confidential service for doctors and dentists across England with mental illness and addition problems who are working or looking to return to clinical practice.
- HEE Midlands and East Mental Health and Wellbeing – Mental health and wellbeing courses commissioned by the HEE Midlands and East Dental School.
- Mind Matters – NHS website on mental health
- Mind and Soul Foundation – “Our faith and emotions are often kept separate. Mental health is rarely discussed in churches and Christian spirituality is seen as having little to offer the world of psychology. We want to bridge that gap.”
- Renew Wellbeing – Renew Wellbeing helps churches open spaces of welcome and inclusion in partnership with mental health teams to improve mental and emotional wellbeing
- Church of England – supporting good mental health
- Christian Medical Fellowship
- International Christian Medical and Dental Association
- The Canmore Trust – promoting suicide awareness and support
- The BDA Benevolent fund – providing support for refugee and asylum seeking dentists